The history of The Alleppey United Club dates back to the British Colonial era. Those were the times when all the clubs in the country were exclusive to the British and were referred to as “English Clubs”. To facilitate club culture and club facilities for the citizens of Alleppey, some of the prominent citizens thought about to open up a Club and the result was -” The Alleppey United Club”..
If buildings could talk, Alleppey United Club could keep one enthralled for quite a while. AUC took shape in September 1929. AUC is considered a fitting reply of our founding fathers to the membership denial by the European clubs of yester years. Over the last 9 decades, these heroic stories have been told and retold to generations. We, proudly are part of a legacy.
With a majority of second and third generation members, AUC is considered a second home by many. The badminton court, the billiards room and the passionate 28 and 56 teams have a legacy of their own. All linked to legends and stories. The ladies wing has stood as a pillar of strength through the ages, breathing life to the family side of AUC.